How to get ‘Sexy Messy’ Curls
With Prom season beginning we’ve had countless requests for ‘sexy messy’ –curls and waves, tousled and oozing glamour.
When it’s Prom Night, or any special occasion the best way to get the look you’re after is by visiting the salon but if you fancy creating this look on your own here’s how:
- Wash hair and when damp apply Mousse Forte all over to give volume and help hold the style
- Blow dry hair lifting at the roots to create volume
- When dry divide hair into three sections of back, front left and front right. Clip two sections up.
- Working with the back section of hair, take a small section of hair (approx 1” width) and spray with Redken’s Spray Starch which will help you achieve crisp curl definition.
- Using The Wand from Cloud Nine wrap the section of hair around the wand and hold in place for a couple of seconds. If you want big bouncy curls use the wider part of The Wand and for tighter curls the narrower part.
- Release the hair and repeat all over, working on each section.
- When it comes to the front of your hair you may want to keep a sweeping fringe straight, or curls looser around the face. Also think about which way the curls will be around your face –forward facing or backwards.
- When you’ve finished curling gently use your fingers to deconstruct the hair and loosen the curls so that it doesn’t look ‘too done’.
- Spray all over with Redken’s Vinyl Glam spray to give gloss and shine
- 10. Voila!