How to Look After Hair Extensions On a Beach Holiday
Just like your own hair, hair extensions need to be well looked after to protect both colour and condition – even more so when on a beach holiday and exposed to sun, sea, sand and chlorine!
At Aesthetics we use Racoon Hair Extensions and guide you through the maintenance programme. If you want to add volume or length to your hair then book in for a consultation with Paula, our resident hair extension expert.
Here are the products and the routine we recommend you follow to keep your luscious locks in top-notch condition.
- Six weeks before your holiday book in for a rotation and three weeks after that book yourself in for a Redken Chemistry shot. This will condition your hair
from the inside
out and build up the strength of your hair.
- Before exposing your hair to the sun, sea and sand, wash your hair with Redken Sun Colour Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.
- On towel-dry hair apply Redken’s Waterwear product all over. As part of Redken’s Extend Sun range, Waterwear is Redken’s first water-resistant treatment for hair that forms an invisible barrier to help shield hair from water and sun damage. In addition it forms a long-lasting humidity resistance sealthat resists frizz and flyaways.
- Brush hair with a soft cushion brush and loosely plait, securing at the end with a hair band.
- If your hair has dried before getting in to the pool or sea, wet it under the shower, re-apply Waterwear and loosely plait. Wet hair will absorb far less chlorine and salt when submerged in the swimming pool water, than when dry hair is submerged.
- At the end of the day ensure you clean the hair of chlorine and salt water. Aesthetics recommend Nature’s Rescue, a new range by Redken. The entire range is 100% free from sulphate, paraben and silicone, helping to lock-in hair moisture.
- Use the Refreshing Detox Shampoo to cleanse the hair and eliminate impurities and build-up, then apply the Refining Sea Polish to exfoliate the hair and leave it smooth and shiny.
- Finally apply the Cooling Deep Conditioner to rebalance hair while cooling and soothing the scalp.
- If you don’t plan on washing your hair again in the morning make sure you apply Waterwear on the evening so you have protection for the following day too. You can also re-apply Waterwear when necessary.
- When you return from your holiday book another Chemistry Shot treatment and book in for your next rotation.