A New Year Resolution You’ll Want to Stick With
Make a resolution you’ll want to stick with for the next 50 weeks…
Two week’s in to 2015 and your already flagging when it comes to your resolution of ‘juicing every breakfast’ and ‘going to the gym every day’, but here’s one resolution you’ll want to keep up for the next 50 weeks – Caring for your Hair. Like our body, our hair needs looking after to be at its best, so while you may never have locks as luscious as your friend, you can get your own hair at its optimum health. So repeat after us…
1. ‘Thou shalt not brush wet hair’ – always use a wide toothed comb on wet hair to avoid breakage
2. ‘Thou shalt not use heat on my hair without protecting it’ – always protect your hair before applying heat, especially when using styling tools on dry hair. We recommend Duo Shield, Pillow Proof Express Primer or Satinwear on wet hair and Iron Shape on dry hair.
3. ‘Thou shalt not skip conditioner’ – you wouldn’t skip moisturising your face, so don’t skip moisturising your hair. Choose a quality conditioner and apply to the ends only.
4. ‘Thou shalt not wait six months between appointments’ – split ends happen to us all and if they’re not cut off they’ll continue splitting up the hair shaft, which in turn will make your hair thinner, weaker and look scraggly. Booking in for a trim every 6-8 weeks will keep split ends at bay and promote healthy growth.
5. Thou shalt not sleep in clip-in hair extensions’ – temporary hair extensions can be great for giving you length and volume whenever you want it, but sleeping in them is a cardinal sin. Don’t do it!